Developing Teacher Knowledge, Capacity and Confidence in STEAM
The Nevada Engineering Fellows Program, sponsored by the Governor’s Office of Science, Innovation and Technology (OSIT) offers a unique opportunity for teachers of 4th grade students across Nevada to improve, develop and integrate NGSS-aligned engineering lessons with real-world applications into everyday teaching and existing curricula.
The Engineering Fellowship is a unique opportunity for teachers to develop and embed engineering practices within current lessons/curriculum with real-world application!
- Meet with local Industry experts
- Collaborate with engineering professors and students
- Enrich classroom learning
- Increase community connections
- Get field experiences
- As an Engineering Fellow, you will:
- Investigate grade-level NGSS, phenomenon, problem-based, and best practices for teaching engineering.
- Collaborate with professional engineers and university engineering professors and students to bring real-world scenarios to the classroom.
- Learn how to enhance your science lessons with engineering practices.
- Receive a bank of vetted lessons designed by other fellows.
- Receive license renewal credit hours.
- Program outcomes:
- Increase your confidence in teaching and integrating engineering.
- Increase your students’ engagement and awareness of engineering skills and careers.
- Align your instruction with NGSS standards and local industry needs to strengthen workforce pathways.
Applications now closed. Sign up for our STEM Hub newsletter to be alerted when it opens: https://www.stemhub.nv.gov/form/email-signup