Nevada Telecommunications Advisory Council (TAC)
Telecommunications Advisory Council Mission and Duties
The Telecommunications Advisory Council (TAC) was created by Section 25 of SB 53. The TAC is charged with:
- Seeking input from telecommunications providers and the public relating to broadband access.
- Coordinating and exchanging information about technology and telecommunications with the public.
- Providing advice and recommendations to assist the Nevada Department of Transportation (NDOT) in administering access to rights-of-way to telecommunications providers for statewide telecommunications purposes.
- Providing assistance to NDOT in establishing the value of in-kind compensation in fiber trade agreements and approving the value of in-kind compensation established by NDOT.
- Approving or denying proposed fiber trade agreements between NDOT and a telecommunications provider.